Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ssssssssssnake


Today I am wearing snake and what are quite possibly my thighs’ all time favorite jeans:



Seriously, my thighs love these jeans so much they are considering giving them an honorary doctorate in Humanities from the University of Thighastan; or, at the very least, throwing them a parade on Sunday.

Even my booty loves them:


This is especially nice because, frankly, it’s rare when my thighs and my booty agree on anything.  I won’t go so far as to say it’s the beginning of a political thaw between The People’s Republic of Thighastan and The Commonwealth of Bootyland, but maybe…

Enough politics though, let’s talk clothes.  The jeans are the Dark Wash Welt Pocket Flare Jeans  from Banana Republic, where they are currently on sale here.  Even on sale, they are still not inexpensive, but you can get an additional 20% off through the 1st, if you’re interested.  I paired these glasnost-inspiring jeans with a snake-print silk blouse (New York Design Company, thrifted), a black belt (Nine West) and black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).  And I even added some accessories, such as a brass-and-crystal pendant (Special Portland), earrings (Nikki Jacoby Jewelry via Crafty Wonderland) and bangles (Nordstrom).

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. If you’re wondering about length, BR says these have a 37” inseam, but I’m wearing 3 ½” wedges and these still almost touch the floor.