Saturday, March 3, 2012

11 Things and 11 Questions

On Oscar Sunday, Z, from Z Plus the World, sent me an email letting me know she’d tagged me for the “11 Things” post.  I was super flattered and of course agreed to participate.

There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.

My Photo:


My Random Things:

1.      As is evidenced by the picture above, I love to laugh.  A lot, loudly and often at inappropriate times.
2.      I’m also prone to saying inappropriate things – sometimes my filter just goes out the window and I blurt out stuff I maybe shouldn't.  And then I laugh.  Loudly.
3.      I plan on being super crochety when I get old.  I have no intention to be one of those “sweet old ladies.”  I want to be one of those old ladies who don’t like anything because they don’t have too, damnit.
4.      I also plan on wearing a plethora of caftans, turbans and necklaces, all together, when I get old.  Like Angela Landsbury’s character in Death on the Nile:

This will be me.  Minus the fake psychic powers.  Probably.

5.      This will be hard to believe, but I’m actually quite shy.
6.      I can talk myself into pretty much anything.
7.      I use my ability to talk myself into things to get over my shyness.
8.      I am terrified of heights.
9.      I like to (over)analyze things, which is why I think blogging is a good fit for me.  I was already analyzing my outfits, why not do it in public?  Yeah, well, it made sense at the time.
10.  I curse a lot.  I understand the thinking that people who curse only do so because they have a limited vocabulary, but I’ve decided that’s not true in my case.  In my case, I just curse a lot.
11.   I am sarcastic, but I’m happily sarcastic, not bitterly sarcastic.  I’m convinced there is a difference.

Z’s questions:
       
      What’s one specific piece of clothing you couldn’t live without?

      I didn’t think that I had one, but then I remembered my coat.  This coat:

I literally have no idea what my face is doing in this picture.

      I wear it almost everyday, probably 8 months of the year.  It’s the absolute best for riding my bike in.  This coat is waterproof, it’s black so it doesn’t get dirty, the high collar helps keep my neck warm and it has a zip-out lining for those really cold days.  And, it’s not just practical, it’s kind of cute with a nipped in waist and full skirt.

      What song do you think best describes your personality? 

      Grace Kelly by Mika, for what I think are obvious reasons:

 

How do you like to decorate your workspace?

Pretty minimally; I’d hate for my coworkers to think they knew who I was as a person.

      Where do you most often get your inspiration from?
       I am inspired by a lot of different things, including books, movies, poetry, other blogs, nature, etc.  How these different things inspire me may be different, but they all inspire me in some way.

      What would your ideal job be?
      You know that job where you do nothing but sit around and read all day?  Taking breaks only for great food and some shopping?  Whatever that job is called, that would be my ideal job; to do nothing.  I think I'd excel at doing nothing.

      What is your favorite character from a book?
      This was a hard one for me because I often read books with characters that aren’t exactly likeable.  But, then I remembered they don't need to be likeable to be my favorite.  As long as they’re well-written and honest, because that’s what matters to me.  In which case, my favorite character is the main character, Sarah Blight, from Lynn McFall’s book “Dancer with Bruised Knees.” 
      
      What is your best memory from 2011? 

      One of my best memories from 2011 is being included in Sal’s Lovely Links my first week of blogging.  She called me a knockout and it was just such a boost to my blogging esteem.  I’d read Already Pretty for quite awhile and admire the heck out of Sal, so to have one of my favorite bloggers do something so kind was just amazing.

      What is the one city you would love to live in?
      
      Actually, Portland, Oregon.  I currently live about 45 minutes from Portland, but it’s one of my all-time favorite cities.  I love Oregon immensely and don’t think I’d ever want to live anywhere else, at least not for a long period of time, and in Oregon, I’d choose Portland.  It’s not a large city, but I don’t love large cities.  Portland is just the right size for my tastes and it’s weird and sort of gritty and I love that.  And I love that it’s close to both the coast and the mountains.


      What is a hidden talent of yours?

      I have no hidden talents.  In truth, I’m a pretty untalented individual.  Except that I am really good at reading.  And sarcasm.  Neither of those are hidden talents though; if I’m not reading, I’m being sarcastic.

      What is your least favorite chore?

      Ugh.  All of them.  But, if I have to choose one, I’d say dishes.  I hate touching dirty dishes; even just loading a dishwasher is pretty hateful to me.

      What is one blog you really admire?

      Forgive me, but I’m going to wax poetic about Already Pretty a bit more.  Sal’s blog is so positive and well written and helpful and she’s so nice and stylish and accessible that I can’t help but admire them both.  So, yeah, love Sal and love Already Pretty.



My Questions:

1.      What is your guilty pleasure?
2.      What place would you most like to visit?
3.      If money was no object and you weren’t opposed to spending ridiculous amounts of money of fashion, which designer would you wear?
4.      Fur.  Yeah or nay?
5.      Do you prefer the mountains or the ocean?
6.      What are you most looking forward to in 2012?
7.      What are your thoughts on zombies?
8.      What is the worst book you’ve ever read and how far did you get before giving up?
9.      Momentarily forgetting the lesson we learned in “Midnight in Paris,” if you could live during any era, what era would it be?
10.  What’s one thing you wish you could do better?
11.  What is your “signature dish?”  (And will you share the recipe?)

The bloggers I’ve tagged are some that I’d love to know more about:
 And now, you all know pretty much everything there is to know about me.  Pretty much.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

Gracey