Friday, March 9, 2012

Shades of Black and Blue

I’m wearing at least three different shades of both black and blue in this outfit:



My ass is a total attention-whore in this skirt (and sort of in general).

As you can see, the sweater (Jones New York via Ross) is a different shade of black than the leggings (Target) which is a different shade of black than the boots (Chinese Laundry via Piperlime).  And the skirt (Target) has navy and turquoise stripes, but I went ahead and added a cobalt scarf anyway (H & M).  So, yeah, I’m wearing three different shades of each color.  But, I’m pretty sure that’s what makes it work. 

Seriously, if your blacks, or your blues, don’t match, embrace it.  Then everyone thinks it’s intentional and not a case of “I swear, it looked good in the dark.” 

Or you can wear rhinestone jewelry and then nobody pays attention to your outfit anyway:


I didn’t actually wear the rhinestones to detract from my outfit though.  I’m wearing them because I’m going to happy hour after work with my friend Jenny and Lori.  And because the sun is out today and I like the sparkle.

Happy Friday, Everyone!  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Gracey