Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Save the Giraffes

I’m wearing my giraffe scarf again today, but sans the lion earrings.  Because, thanks to Lone Star Casie, I found out that lions do, in fact, eat giraffes.  The good news is that we’re still the top of the food chain.  The bad news is that lions are sort of mean.  Really, lions?  Giraffes?  So mean.  But, I’m doing my part to save the giraffes by keeping my giraffes and lions on separate sides of the Serengeti (the Serengeti is what I call my accessories closet).

And now to the clothes:


Today I paired my giraffe scarf (Target) with a black sweater dress (Macy’s), black snakings (Target snake leggings), black knee-highs (Nordstrom) and black riding boots (Vince Camuto “Fantastic” via Nordstrom).  I don’t often wear monochromatic outfits (What’s that?  You noticed?), but I like the mix of textures between the dress, the leggings and the boots here.  And, of course, I like the pop of pink.

Happy Tuesday!  Save the giraffes!

Gracey