Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eclectic Jungle

Folks?  I think this might be one of my favorite outfits ever.  Ever:



I mean, sure, it’s a lot, but I think that’s part of what I like about it.  Well, that and the fact that it includes a lot of my favorite pieces.  Take the blouse, for example; it’s kitschy and it makes me ridiculously happy.  The skirt, in spite of it’s tricky length, is also one of my favorites.  And the blazer, which is new to my closet, was love at first sight.  It looks like polka dots in these photos, but they're actually diamonds:


And wearing these pieces all together?  I’m not sure it could get any better.  I especially like that I was able to winterize the blouse (vintage, thrifted) and this skirt (vintage, thrifted) with the addition of the blazer (vintage 80s Ann Taylor, thrifted).  I wore both the blouse and the skirt quite a few times last summer, but they’re very lightweight.  Adding the blazer and the tights (Spanx) definitely made them comfortable for winter.  And I added oxblood pumps (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom), just because.

I also added my vintage lion earrings even though we all know lions don’t live in the jungle (they live in the Serengeti):


And some bangles:


Oh, and my owl belt snuck in there too, but I forgot to get a picture.

All in all, I’m not sure that this should work and I’m not even sure it did work, but I know I love it.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey