Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Boots and Belts, Stripes and Giraffes


I like this sleeveless wool dress, but I never wear it because I’m not exactly sure how to.  Luckily for me, Lindsey over at Thrift and Shout did an entire post on how to wear sleeveless items like this dress.  That post helped inspire this outfit:



In addition to the sleeveless dress, this outfit contains quite a few of my favorite things; such as boots and belts, stripes and giraffes.  I layered the dress (vintage, thrifted) over a striped, long-sleeve tee (Gap) and leggings (Ross).  I added a studded belt (Michael Michael Kors via Nordstrom), riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and a hot pink giraffe scarf (Target).

And I do like this outfit.  I think I generally tend towards more classic pieces because they are easier to style than pieces like this.  I am, however, drawn to pieces like this, and animal print booties and fur vests, I just need to get more comfortable in styling them.

How about you, Dear Reader Friends?  Do you venture outside of your comfort zone when buying items, or do you stick with what you know you can style comfortably?

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey