Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Butterscotch and Mauve: Take Two


Last time I wore this outfit, the proportions were off:


At the time, I blamed it on the boots, but it wasn’t entirely their fault.  It was the combination of the boots and the skirt.

Now, I’m the first to admit that I don’t always pay attention to proportion.  Looking at my pictures, I think I sometimes treat this is a personal smile blog instead of a personal style blog.  Which is fine, I like to smile (obviously, I guess), but I do also like style.  So, this time around, I shortened the skirt and remixed the outfit with different shoes:



A close up of the tights

And, I think it worked.  It’s still a color combination I love; it’s just also now an outfit that I love.  I kept the same butterscotch sweater (thrifted) and paired it with the same mauve skirt (thrifted and now hemmed).  I added the same gray Swiss dot tights (Hue via Macys) and the same silk bow tie (thrifted).  But, this time I wore burgundy pumps (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom) instead of boots; which, along with the shortened skirt, made all the difference.


Also, it snowed today in Oregon.  A lot.  My friend Kathy said it was a sign of the impending apocalypse.  I heard “zombie apocalypse” and made this face:


And with that, I wish you all a Happy Wednesday!

Gracey