Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wear It Wednesday: Tunics

I'm participating in Wear it Wednesday today, which is being hosted by the lovely Bekah of Matters of Merrymaking.  This Wednesday's item to wear is tunics, about which I am fairly excited because I love tunics.  And my favorite way to wear them is layered over leggings as I've done here:

In front of a huge sequoia at McMennamins Grand Lodge.


For this outfit I paired snake print leggings (Target) (you can sort of see the snakiness of them in the last shot) under a cream and gold lace tunic (thrifted) which I in turn layered under my trusty black sweater (Jones New York via Ross).  I added flat black boots (Chinese Laundry via Piperlime), a brass and crystal necklace (via Special Portland) and a few bracelets (Banana Republic and Macys).  Full disclosure; I'm pretty sure this tunic was originally sold as a dress.  But, as you can see, it's nowhere near dress length on my tall self.  So, for you tall ladies out there, if you're looking for tunics, look in the dress section - that's what I do.

To see how everyone else wore their tunics today, stop by Matters of Merrymaking; Bekah has a whole list of participants.


Happy Wednesday, Everyone!  I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Gracey