Monday, November 14, 2011

My Inner Liberace

You may find it hard to believe, but Liberace was not, in fact, my inspiration for this outfit:


I was actually inspired by a couple of other bloggers (Kendi of Kendi Everyday here and Sarah of Just Take a Bow here) wearing shirts as jackets and thought it was something I’d like to try.  But, I had to find the right shirt and during my search, my inner Liberace apparently came out and I ended up with this fascinating bit of awesomeness:



I’m aware that it’s a bit (or a lot) ridiculous, but I still maintain that it’s also a bit (or a lot) awesome.  And crazy; awesome or ridiculous, it’s definitely crazy.  And because my aesthetic is often “in for a penny, in for a pound” I decided to compound the crazy by wearing the shirt-as-jacket (thrifted) over a printed, ruffle front blouse (Wal-Mart).  I added wide leg jeans (Gap), Mary Jane wedges (Corso Como) and a leopard belt (?), because if there is anything this outfit needed, it was another pattern.

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey