Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Simple Blue

I had a horrible time getting dressed this morning.  I started with a vintage sweater dress that I was going to wear with a blazer, a la Destrehan’s Daughter, but it was too hot.  Which is saying something because it’s pretty cold here.  Then I tried a plaid skirt and a fuzzy sweater but it was just too bulky; I looked like Bulky McGeen.  Then I tried this blue sweater with the plaid skirt and felt like Lumpy McGee.  I also tried this sweater with a camel skirt but felt like Frumpy McGee.  Finally, I ended up with this:



When it was all said and done, this was the outfit I felt most comfortable in today.  Just a simple sweater (Old Navy), jeans (Bandolino via Macys) and boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  Although I love layers and lots of color, I have to admit that sometimes simple is best. 

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. This will be my last “live” post until next Tuesday.  I’m going out of town for Thanksgiving tomorrow, but do have some posts scheduled that, Blogger willing, will post over the next couple of days.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I will get caught up on all your blogs when I get back.  Promise.

P.P.S The weather has finally driven us inside for our photo sessions so bear with me as we try to figure these indoor photos out.