Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gracey and the Chrysanthemum Coat Dress

I don’t know if you guys noticed this or not, but a lot of thrift stores combine their vintage clothes with their Halloween costumes during October.  Keeping that in mind, and keeping in mind that “Halloween” items are now 50% off at Goodwill, I thrifted this chrysanthemum coat dress for a mere $6.50 last weekend:



Now you may be thinking, “Gracey, what’s that peeking out below the hem of your awesome chrysanthemum coat dress?”  Well, lemme show you:

Well, hello there, Pleated Skirt.

Yep, I layered the coat dress over a cream pleated skirt (vintage, thrifted) so the skirt would flash when I walked.  I also wore a black turtleneck (Gap), black tights (Spanx “High Waist Tight End Tights” via Nordstrom) and black booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).  And I then I belted the whole shebang with a patent leather belt (Nine West via Ross). 

I’m hesitant to say this coat dress is my favorite thrifted item ever, but it’s definitely in my top 10.  I love the fabric and I love that it’s handmade, which I know because the tag says is that it was “Especially handmade by Anne.”  So, thank you, Anne, wherever you may be, for making this awesome coat dress and for donating it for me to find.  You’re the best.

Also the best?  Meagan of Spunky Chateau for hosting the Thursday’s are for Thrifters link party.  Thanks, Meagan!

I have tomorrow off for Veterans Day, so I won’t be posting again until Monday.  I hope everyone has a lovely (and hopefully long) weekend.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey