Tuesday, November 8, 2011

EBEW: Tights of Color

Being the least crafty person in the blogosphere, I was forced to skip the Everybody, Everywear DIY challenge.  But there was no way I was skipping the tights of color challenge.  Not that I need a reason to wear these teal tights:



These tights are definitely some of my favorite.  I paired the tights (Hue via Macy’s) with a black sweater dress (Madison Leigh via Macy’s) layered over a print skirt (thrifted & re-fashioned, also worn here).  I added black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime) and a vintage belt (thrifted). 

I think this belt has the coolest buckle:


It’s oxidized* brass and was in this condition when I found it.  Instead of trying to clean it up, I sprayed it with clear spray paint to protect the oxidation and to keep it from rubbing off on my clothes.

Want to see more tights of color?  Visit Everybody, Everywear and enjoy the rainbow.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey

Full Disclosure: I think oxidized is the right word, but I’m not a scientist (I don’t even play one on TV) so if I’m using the wrong word, please let me know in the comments.