Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Colorful Collegiate

A co-worker commented that my outfit today is very “collegiate,” and I guess it is:



It does have a sort of prepster, collegiate look about it, which isn’t my usual style, but I like it.  I think the unusual color combination keeps it from being run-of-the-mill collegiate and feels more like me.  Full disclosure; as much as this color combination feels like “me,” I actually borrowed the idea from this outfit of Kendi’s.  But, as soon as I saw her post, I knew I wanted to pair my bright yellow sweater (Nordstrom, thrifted) and mauve skirt (vintage, thrifted).  I added navy tights (Target), colorful socks, lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and a multi-colored scarf.

Interestingly enough, I don’t usually consider yellow to be a fall color.  I know it was shown in quite a few fall collections:

Left to Right: Thakoon, Max Mara, Jill Sander & Karen Walker

But it was not anything I thought I’d try.  Now that I have tried it though, it makes sense to me.  I think this sweater will be a nice counterpoint to our increasingly rainy weather here in Oregon.

How about you, Dear Readers?  How do you feel about lemon yellow for fall?  Is it something you’d try?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey