Thursday, November 3, 2011

I’ve Got This: Houndstooth

Houndstooth reminds me of the late 80s/early 90s; specifically, it reminds me of a pair of houndstooth stirrup pants from Victoria’s Secret that I coveted with all my heart.  That association makes me a little hesitant to embrace this fall’s houndstooth trend, but, as it turns out, it’s still something I’ve got in my closet:


I actually have a couple of houndstooth pieces in my closet and have for a couple of years now, but, don’t worry, no stirrup pants.  In fact, both pieces are skirts, one A-line and one pencil and today I wore the houndstooth pencil skirt:



I paired the skirt (thrifted) with a teal top (Nordstrom) under a men’s cranberry cardigan (vintage Jantzen, thrifted), a black faux-croc belt (INC via Macy’s), black tights (Spanx “Tight End Tights” via Nordstrom) and burgundy shoes (Naya “Jada” via Nordstrom).  Full disclosure: I copied this color scheme from Katha Strophe, whose blog, Kathastrophal, I’ve just started reading, but she said it was okay.

Also, it’s Thursday and I think we all know what that means.  That’s right, today is the Spunky Chateau Thurday’s are for Thrifters Link Party.  And, of course, I’m still linked up to the 260 Days, No Repeats “I’ve Got This” challenge.  Basically, it’s a pretty link-tastic day.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey