Monday, April 23, 2012

Words, Not Pictures

So, I have no pictures of today's outfit.  I did wear clothes and they were good, serviceable clothes, but the photos were an epic fail.  Basically, it's sunny here today and that threw a bit of a monkey wrench in our picture-taking endeavors.  (We don't know what we're doing).

Therefore, for today, we just have words, not pictures.

Speaking of summery weather, this past weekend was gorgeous.  We actually made it to the 80s.  In April!  In Oregon!  And it was glorious.  As predicted, I did some reading in the sun but I also was actually surprisingly busy given my natural inclination towards laziness.

Let's see.  On Friday night I went out with my friend, Alex to a local bar to listen to a local band.  The band is called Rock n' Roll Cowboys and they are country rock?  I don't know, but I believe this is a thing.  We mostly just went for the rock portion, but the band is a lot of fun and we danced most of the night and even ended up singing along to "God Bless Texas" because the chorus is extremely easy to learn.  Really, in spite of our lack of familiarity with the country portion of their performance, we ended up having a great time.  We're actually planning on seeing them play this coming weekend too.

On Saturday, Alex and I went thrifting where I got a silk tee that I am actually wearing today (don't worry, it'll surface again), a vintage top, a skirt that I've already hemmed and a prom dress for 80s prom for my little sister.  It's awesome.  Which reminds me, I found my prom dress a couple of weeks ago and it's gorgeous and hideous at the same time.  It's less prom than last year's but very, very 80s.  I'll try to remember to give you guys a sneak peek soon.

On Sunday, I read in the sun and then went for a long (hour-and-a-half) walk around one of our local parks with a friend.  The park was unsurprisingly packed but it was still fun.  Sunday evening I went to the "Club Dance" workout and it basically kicked my heinie.  Seriously, I haven't popped my booty that much since my college days.  Between the booty-popping, arm-waving and hip-thrusting, I am sore as heck today.  But, I will definitely go back; it was hard, but it was so much fun!

Oh, and I almost forgot one of my favorite things I did over the weekend was to watch that new HBO series, Girls.  Natasha Fatah talks about it a bit on her post, here, but basically, I thought it was pretty great.  I didn't love it unreservedly, as it's not always easy to watch, but I'll definitely watch it again.  Have any of you seen it?

Happy Monday, All!  I'll figure out how to take pictures in the sun tomorrow (or you'll just get really, really bad pictures).

Gracey