Thursday, April 5, 2012

Disheveled Dots


I haven’t slept well the past couple of nights and that has, apparently, culminated in my not noticing how amazingly wrinkled this dress was before I got in front of the camera.  Basically, I’m going to have to ask that you overlook the dishevelment of this outfit in favor of the dots:




So, please to repeat after me: “Dots!  So cute.  And that rounded collar.  So retro.  Wrinkles?  What wrinkles?  All I see are those clever lines of gradient dots.  And what is that color?  Lavender putty?  Who knew putty was so pretty.”

Thank you for your participation.

The dress is vintage JC Penney (hence the retro collar) that I thrifted it a couple of weekends ago and hemmed to above the knee.  I paired it with ribbed, cranberry tights (Hue), a thin belt (Gap) and my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  I think the addition of the boots plays to the 70s feel of the dress but that shortening the dress keeps it from being too costume-y. 

I really do love this dress, so it sort of makes me sad that I didn’t do right by it for its first time on the blog.  But, I’m still linking it up, in all it’s wrinkled glory, to Thursday’s are for Thrifters.  Because I have no shame.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey