Monday, April 30, 2012

Simple, Yet Effective


If I were to describe my style, I wouldn’t use the phrase “simple, yet effective.”  No, I enjoy my bells and whistles (and tassels and prints) way too much for that.  I would, however, use “simple, yet effective” to describe this outfit:



You know what wasn't simple (or particularly effective)?  Getting these pictures taken.  My sister took them and first I got photo-bombed by our porch cat, Elizabeth Swan:


And then my sister took pictures of me explaining things:

No one knows what I was explaining.  Something tiny, clearly.

So, yes, the outfit is simple, but I don't think it's boring.  Sure, it’s just jeans and a blouse, but these jeans are awesome (Banana Republic) and the blouse (Gap) incorporates color, print and a wee little almost-peplum.  I added a rust-orange beaded necklace, because orange and purple totally make sense, wedge booties (Nine West via Piperlime) and a vintage bracelet.

Truthfully, I don’t know howI’d describe my style.  Probably something like “Color, Color, Color, Print, Print, Print.”  Yeah, that sounds about right.

What about you, Reader Friends?  How would you describe your style?

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

P.S. A porch cat is a cat that moves onto your porch and has kittens.