Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Polka Floral

Hello, All!  I’m sorry for being gone so long.  I was fighting a cold all last week and I’m sorry to say the cold won this weekend.  I was out of commission yesterday and I’m still fuzzy today.  But, I dragged myself out of bed this morning and stumbled into this outfit:



Which is only okay.  The colors are good and I love me a good polka floral combination, but this isn’t the most flattering silhouette. 

I think the vintage Janzten skirt (thrifted) with the polka dot blouse (thrifted) is good.  But the cardigan (men's vintage Janzten, thrifted) needs to be slimmer.  And a different shoe is probably in order as well.  I wore my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) but a bootie might have been better.  Either less bulk on the top or the bottom and the outfit would have been more flattering.

But, hey, what are you gonna do?  You win some, you lose some and when I’m sick, it’s all I can do to get dressed, without worrying if it works or not.  Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow and won’t look as if the abominable snowman discovered polka floral.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey