Friday, December 9, 2011

Caramel, Smoke and Lagoon

I’ve decided that using nouns as adjectives to describe my clothes is my new thing.  Take this outfit for example:
It was a rough week, but I'm much better now.  Also, my friends are hilarious.


I could have described it as brown, gray and blue, but I practically fell asleep at my keyboard just typing that.  So boring.  But, caramel, smoke and lagoon?  Now that’s an exciting color combination.  To this end, I’m describing my outfit as lagoon jeggings (Gap) paired with a caramel sweater (thrifted Land’s End) layered over a smoke-colored tunic (Tulle).  I added cognac lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and a multi-colored scarf (Nordstrom).  Fancy, no?

But, I can’t take all the credit.  Gap described these pants as “lagoon” on their website.  And do you guys remember back in the day when catalogs used words like “stone” and “haze” and “cayenne” to describe their clothes?  I remember J. Crew being especially fond of this practice, offering shirts striped in “melon” and “celery.”  When I was younger, I thought it was kind of silly, but now I realize it’s sort of great and far more fun. 

What do you think, Dear Reader Friends?  Ridiculous or fabulous?

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a $50.00 gift card from Go Chic or Go Home!