Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Back in Black

As much as I love color (and I do love me some color), I’ve been drawn to all black outfits lately.  I wore this one last week:



And I’m wearing this today:


I know it’s all taboo and whatnot to wear different shades of black together, but I rather like it.  I think it’s because I’m trying to work more with texture to give my outfits interest.  I usually rely on color, which is fairly easy for me to work with, but texture is more of a challenge.

Today’s outfit has less texture than last week’s and is more sleek, but I think it still has enough interest.  Thanks in part to my snake-print leggings (I like to call them snakings):


I paired the leggings (Target) with a black kangaroo pocket tunic (Nordstrom) layered over a black turtleneck (Gap) and added black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

How about you, Dearest Readers?  What do you depend on to give your outfits interest?  Color, texture, accessories or something else all together?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey