Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little More Color

In keeping with what appears to be the theme of this week, I’m wearing color again today.  But, just a little bit:



Okay, so maybe it’s more than a little.  I can’t help myself.  As melancholy as I’ve been, I still reach for color in the morning.  Today I reached for my burgundy pleated skirt (vintage, thrifted), an orange blouse (thrifted) and a peacock-colored cardigan (a.n.a via JC Penney).  I added peacock colored tights that are actually sheer black chevrons layered over opaque teal tights (Target & Hue, respectively), my oxidized buckle belt (thrifted) to keep my too big skirt up and my trusty riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) because, hey, they’re trusty.

I know this color combination is a little over the top for some, but burgundy and orange just holds such an allure for me.  It’s one of my favorite punchy color combinations and at a time I needed some punch, it actually did help to cheer me up.  As have all of your guys’ kind comments.  You guys are the best.  For reals.

You know what else helps cheer a girl up?  Parties.  To that end, I’ve linked up to the Thursday is for Thrifters Link Party over at Spunky Chateau.  I feel better already.

Happy Thursday, Everyone.  And please know that I really do appreciate each and every one of you.

Gracey