Tuesday, December 13, 2011

EBEW: Sequins and Sparkles

It’s Everybody, Everywear time, people!  And today that means sequins and sparkles.  Full disclosure, I’m not a fan of sequins for the daytime.  For me, it’s like leaving your Christmas lights up all year long; it saps some of the magic come Christmastime.  And daytime sparkle saps some of the magic come fancy-dress-time.  But, sometimes a girl needs to branch out so I gave today’s EBEW Challenge my best shot:



Given my reticence to wear any sequins during the day, you know there was no way I was going Full Sparkle.  Instead, I kept it minimal so it still felt like me.  To do so, I layered a sequin-striped t-shirt dress/tunic (Ross) over a black turtleneck (Gap) and black leggings (INC via Macy’s).  Over that I layered my oft-worn black sweater (Jones New York via Ross) and some black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

And I liked it.  It was warm, layered (What can I say?  I love the layers) and that bit of shine was sort of nice.  I wouldn’t say I’m a convert, but I am going to give daytime sequins another try next week, so maybe I’ll get there. And maybe I’ll leave my Christmas lights up year round too.  (FYI – this is sarcasm).

How about you, Dear Reader Friends?  Are you fans of sequins for day?  If you are and want more ideas on how to wear them (and probably on how to wear them more aggressively), stop by Everybody, Everywear and feast your eyes.  It’s sequintastic!

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey