Friday, May 18, 2012

Put a Stick Pin in It


This dress is too big.  It always has been but I usually belt it.  Today, though, I decided to put a stick pin in it:



Which was surprisingly really very easy.  I just gathered the excess fabric to the left and worked a stick pin through the folds.  I did have to try it a couple of times to get it where I wanted it, but I’m really pleased with how it turned out.  Here is a close up (please to ignore the lint):


I layered the dress over a striped tee (J. Crew), added cuffed boots (Gap), polka dot socks (Target), a tassel necklace (Old Navy), Nikki Jacoby earrings and a cuff (thrifted). 

Also, last time I wore these boots, a side-view was requested, so here that is:  


And I think that’s it for me.  I have a pretty busy weekend planned, including a Stone in Love concert.  Stone in Love is a very good local Journey cover band and they are so much fun to watch.  We are watching them at the Star Theater in Portland and here is a video from last year's show at the Aladdin:


Happy Friday, Everyone!  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Gracey