Friday, May 25, 2012

FBFF for May 25th


Today's FBFF Questions are all about summer trends.  Katy Rose of Modly Chic has asked us what we are loving for the upcoming season.

I’m actually loving pretty much the same trends for summer as I was for spring.  Weather-wise there isn’t a huge difference between spring and summer weather in my part of Oregon so my summer wardrobe is essentially my spring wardrobe but with more sandals.

Here are some things I can’t wait to wear this summer with sandals.

Tropical Prints

I’m amused as all heck that tropical prints are back.  I like them because they’re kitschy and I love the kitsch, but I also like them because they’re so easy to thrift.  In fact, I’ve already worn a thrifted, tropical print piece this year:



Printed Pants

I’m sort of obsessed with this trend.  As I mentioned before, I know I probably shouldn’t wear printed pants given the size and militancy of my thighs, but darned if I don’t love them.  I’ve thrifted a couple of pairs, including these that I’ve already worn this spring:

Oh, look, more tropical print.  Well, I warned you...


Tangerine

It’s the Pantone Color of the Year and, in my opinion, for good reason.  It’s just so frickin’ vibrant.  See?:



Coral Belts

Okay, this isn’t a trend, except in my wardrobe, but I love my skinny coral belt.  I’ve worn it multiple times and will definitely be wearing it all summer long:



Neon

It took me a little while to get on board with neon last year, but I’m glad it stuck around for another year.  I have a few pieces in my closet, mostly neon pink, mostly thrifted, and I can’t wait to wear them.  I’d also love a pair of neon shoes, like one of the pairs below.

Heart and Soul “Pasquale”:

Image via Piperlime

Or even a pair with just a little bit of neon, like these:

Lucky Ballerina Flat at Alloy (image via Alloy)

How about you, Reader Friends?  What are you looking forward to wearing this summer?  Maybe something from eShakti?  If so, don't forget to enter my giveaway.  And, Schoolmarm Style is hosting an eShakti giveaway, too, so visit Kathryn for even more chances to win!

Happy Friday, All!  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Gracey