Saturday, May 26, 2012

Appreciation

The lovely Jean, of Dross into Gold, has given me a Blogger Appreciation Award:


For which I am, well, very appreciative.  Honestly, it's always such a pleasant surprise when I get one of these.


In order to accept the award, I must:
1.  Thank the person who nominated me by linking his/her blog:  Thank you, Jean
2.  Answer the four questions below.
3.  Award the Blogger Appreciation Award to fellow bloggers.
4.  Let those bloggers know that you have nominated them.

Questions:
  1. How long have you been blogging?
Almost a year and a half now.  I started in January 2011 after about six months of hemming and hawing.
  1. Why did you start blogging?
For a couple reasons, actually.  One, because it’s hard for me to visualize how a trend would look on my shape when I see it on a dissimilar shape.  It’s like shoes.  They look so cute in a size 5 ½, but bring them out in my size 10 and Borrowers run out from under the Nordstrom couches to try and appropriate them as boats.  I figured if I had these problems, other giants tall women might feel the same. 

Two, because I’ve always sort of thought I’d like to be a writer.  But, I know it’s like anything else in that you have to practice.  I wasn’t doing a very good job of keeping a journal and thought blogging would be a good way to practice writing, see if I actually liked it and see what my “voice” sounded like.
  1. What type of blogs do you like to follow/read?
Mostly, but not exclusively, personal style blogs.  I don’t really read “fashion” blogs because while I try to stay aware of the trends, I don’t consider myself a particularly trendy person and I don’t try to be.
  1. What is the one thing you’d like to improve on as a blogger?
My writing.  I think I probably write too much.  But, I talk too much too, so I think that may just be me.  Still, I’d like to be more succinct at times.  Just at times though; basically nattering on about nothing is sort of my thing.



My Nominees:




Jessica at A Day In The Life of One Girl

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

Gracey