Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin Legs and a Secret



Here are the pumpkin legs (no, really, someone actually referred to them that way):


Luxury Rebel "Yuma" - Image via 6pm.com

And here is the secret: I don’t always dress to flatter my figure.  

Okay, I guess if you’ve followed my blog for longer than a day, you’ve already noticed that figure flattery isn’t high on my list of sartorial priorities.  I would just rather be comfortable and colorful (i.e. happy) than worry about conforming to some physical ideal that I don’t naturally possess.  Magazines are full of tips on how to dress “taller and thinner” but I’m not convinced that’s the best goal to have.  At least not for me.  I am the height I am (which, granted, is pretty tall) but I’m also the build that I am and I don’t always want to have to disguise that.

Which isn’t to say that there aren’t clothes out there that make me look taller and thinner andmake me happy.  I’ve found a few pieces that fit the bill.  No, all I’m saying is that if something makes me happy, like pumpkin legs, slouchy sweaters and  colorfully printed skirts, I’m still going to wear them, whether they are flattering or not. 

Unflattering?  Perhaps.  But also happy.

What about you, Reader Friends?  How high is figure flattery on your list?

Gracey