Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Faux-Mono & A Sartorial Superhero



I love turtlenecks.  They are one of my favorite layering pieces because they can be layered under almost anything, including bird-print faux-mono (faux kimono) blouses:



In fact, this faux-mono blouse was on the chopping block until I realized I could wear it (like most things) over a turtleneck.  And it’s a good thing, too.  This top is otherwise just so sheer and flow-y, I had no idea what to do with it.  But, today, I layered the top (Nordstrom) over a black turtleneck (Gap) and tied the flow-y bits behind me:


I also added a pleated skirt (vintage via Goodwill), black tights (SPANX Tight End Tights via Nordstrom) and black, wedge booties (Corso Como “Lexy” via Nordstrom).  And, et voila, another blouse saved from disuse, thanks to the intervention of a turtleneck.

Turtlenecks.  They’re totally the superheroes of the sartorial world.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey


 
Shop The Look
Similar skirt
SPANX Tight End tights
Corso Como "Lexy" booties
Similar blouse
 
** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.