Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bonus Footage: Gracey Goes to the Opera

Last Saturday, I went to see Don Giovanni at the Portland Opera with my best group of girl friends, Alex, Jodi and Erica.  We went to dinner at Gracie's and dessert at The Driftwood Room, both in the Hotel DeLuxe, before the show, and it was delicious.  After we ate, we had to rush across town (I like to linger over my champagne cocktails) to the show, but we made it and saw a fabulously modern rendition of Don Giovanni.  It was my first opera and I'm hooked; I'll definitely be going back.

For my inaugural opera, I wore this:


I found this dress for under $10 at my now-defunct local Salvation Army.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I'd found my opera dress.  I paired my opera dress (vintage, tag says Styled by Linda Jane), with fishnets (Target), a vintage fur (also $10, at a garage sale), Franco Sarto pumps (via Nordstrom) and a vintage clutch and jewelry.



The earrings are vintage, via Ray's Ragtime, the bracelet is vintage, via Red Fox Vintage, I can't remember where the ring is from and the clutch is also vintage, also Salvation Army.

Alex also wore vintage:


She borrowed my vintage pleated dress, vintage clutch (thrifted) and belt (Target).  She is also wearing leopard heels (thrifted), opera-length bejeweled gloves (Lil' Gypsy vintage), her mother's prom fur (so cute!) and her grandmother's vintage jewelry.

This weekend, I'm (sadly) not doing anything so fancy.  I'm heading up to a football game at Portland State, looking for a button for my new vintage coat and going to the Chart House.  Even though I did go to school at PSU, I don't think I'm going to root for them.  Instead I'm going to root for myself to stay warm and dry.  Go Gracey!

Happy Saturday, All!

Gracey