Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Hot, Rumpled Mess Sundae

I am a hot, rumpled mess today.  Seriously, if I were a sundae, I'd be on the menu as The Hot, Rumpled Mess and I'd feature vanilla ice cream and hot butterscotch topping on top a layer of crushed Almond Roca.  You don't believe?  Feast your eyes:
 


I mean, conceptually, it's good.  I like the my new-to-me butterscotch sweater (thrifted this weekend) with the cream crocheted skirt (thrifted).  And I like the addition of black tights (Spanx), the black, silk bow tie (Brooks Brothers, thrifted) and of course, the booties (80%20 “Tessa” via Piperlime, also worn here).

I just look so... rumpled.  Or, in sundae terms, melted.  My skirt is crooked, and I think all of my layers underneath this look (a long-sleeve tee, DKNY smoothies and a black skirt) make me look a bit lumpy.  Like this sundae also features hidden butterscotch chips.  Delicious?  Maybe.  But not necessarily the look I was going for.  But, hey, it was snowing, the lumpy layers were necessary.

Happy Tuesday, All!  I hope it's free of lumps!*

Gracey

*Unless, of course, lumps are your thing.  Which is cool.  No judgement here.