Monday, January 9, 2012

A Little More Robust

I like this outfit, but I think it could have benefited from a bigger bow:



I mean, look at that wee little bow.  It has so much going for it; it’s a lovely plum shade, it has polka dots and it adds some interest to an otherwise rather staid outfit.  But, I don’t think it adds enough interest.  I think if it were just a little more full, a little more robust, a little more hide-your-women-and-children-THE-BOW-is-in-the-house, that it’d be better.  It’s not bad, it could just be better.

Other than the bow being a little on the twee side, I really do like this outfit.  I layered the the plum polka dot blouse (Old Navy) under a silver-gray tunic (Target).  I added black flared jeans (Banana Republic Heritage), black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime) and a couple of turquoise bracelets (vintage, Ray's Ragtime and gifted) to add a little more interest.

As I was typing this post, I had an idea that might help give my bow a little more oomph.  I'll recreate this outfit in a couple of weeks with that added piece and we'll see how it works!

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey