Tuesday, January 10, 2012

EBEW: Black and White

What with the holidays and everything else, I actually almost missed today’s Everybody, Everywear Challenge.  But, as luck would have it, I thrifted this black and white dress last weekend, just in time for the EBEW Black and White Challenge:



My favorite way to wear black and white is in a bold, graphic pattern or design, like the one on this dress.  Because the embroidered design is so bold, I kept the rest of the outfit simple.  I layered the dress (Guatemalan, thrifted) over a black turtleneck, doubled black tights and added black wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

I considered adding a belt, but all the belts I tried did funny things to my boobs.  The top of the dress already makes the girls look like they’re heading south for the winter and all of the belts I tried just emphasized that.  Personally, I don’t want the southward migration of my bosom being emphasized in any way, so, I surrendered my middle today.  (Although, my middle did chime in that my tummy wanted it noted that there is some question as to whether or not wearing doubled tights can be called “surrender.”  So noted, Tummy, so noted).

For more black and white looks that probably don’t discuss boob migration or conversations with tummies, head on over to Everybody, Everywear and take a look at what everybody else wore for the challenge.

And have a Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey