Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dots and Ducks

I’m wearing dots and ducks today.  Let’s start with the ducks:


Is that not the most fabulous bow tie ever?  I love it.

And what do you pair with ducks?  Why, dots, of course:



Dots and ducks, folks, dots and ducks.  It just makes sense.  Just like boxy sweaters and silk bow ties make sense.  At least for me.  I’m really not even sure why, but I’ve been drawn to that combination again and again this winter.  For today, I paired my boxy caramel sweater (Land’s End, thrifted) with a pleated polka dot skirt (vintage, thrifted).  I added my new favorite mallard bow tie (silk, thrifted), tights (Spanx) and wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime).

Now, I realize that I’m wearing a navy skirt with black tights, but one, I didn’t realize it until I left the house.  And two, I kind of like it.  Also, I know that I recommended leggings instead of tights-and-skirts for riding in the rain, but I want you all to know that no children were flashed in the wearing of this outfit.

Finally, the majority of my outfit is thrifted (bow tie, sweater and skirt) which is good because today is Thursday and Thursday’s are for Thrifters and for linking up over at Spunky Chateau.

Happy Thursday, All!  Wear bow ties!

Gracey