Friday, July 20, 2012

Lemon and Rose


This is one of my favorite color combinations to wear, but I have no idea why:




It doesn’t seem like rose and lemon would pair well together, and, for all I know, they don’t.  But, I like them together and I like wearing them together.  At least I think I do.  I do have to admit, however, that as I’m nearing the end of my Nosh Opping expedition, I may be putting together some ridiculous combinations just so I get everything worn and can shop again.

I don’t think that’s the case today, but it very well could be.  Whatever the reason, I paired a rose-colored skirt (thrifted) with a lemon yellow blouse (Old Navy).  I added a thin black belt (Steve Madden via Ross) and my previously orphaned ankle-strap flats (Hive & Honey “Yvonna” via Piperlime).  I think I probably could have added a black statement necklace except that I don’t have a black statement necklace because I don’t really wear statement necklaces.  Except that I’ve decided maybe I do which I guess means I’ll need to buy one for next time.

Future shopping plans aside, I do like this outfit and I’m definitely keeping both of these pieces.

And that’s it for me.  It’s been a long, exhausting week, but it should be a good weekend.  Tomorrow I’m going to the Jazz Festival in Cathedral Park and if her voice is healed, I’ll be watching Florence + the Machine at Edgefield.  I’m especially excited for both of these events because the combination of venue and music should be spectacular.

Have a wonderful weekend, Everyone!

Gracey