Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Just Can’t Like It


I want to like this dress:



I really do.  But, I just can’t.  It’s just not right for me and it makes me pose like an idiot.  I’m perfectly capable of idiotic posing on my own; I don’t need the help.

This dress just seemed like such a good idea when I thrifted it months ago.  I mean, it’s red; I love red.  And it has stripes; I love stripes.  And it’s vintage; I love vintage.  And yet, I don’t like this dress.  I even took the time to hem it above the knee, thinking that might help.  It didn’t.  

At first I didn’t wear it because I wasn’t sure how to style it.  But, I like the styling today.  I think the ankle strap flats (Hive and Honey via Piperlime) and the thin belt (Steven Madden) are good choices.  Just with a different dress.  Luckily, my friend Alex has agreed to take this dress off my hands, which leaves me with just one more never worn dress in my closet.  After I wear that, I’m shutting my Nosh Opping Expedition down.

I’ll finish it up this weekend with look at my expedition log and a retrospective of everything that didn’t make the cut.  And then Maurice and I are flying home (he’s going to live in the backyard).

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey