Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Closet Orphans: A Rose Print Dress & Stumpifying Flats


Today’s outfit is a combination of closet orphans that I like but don’t wear:




I don’t wear them because, while I really do like both the dress (vintage Clifford & Wills) and the flats (Hive and Honey “Yvonna” via Piperlime), they have their disadvantages as well.  The dress, for example, doesn’t have a full enough skirt for riding my bike in.  When I bought it, I planned on wearing it in the winter with tights, which means it’s been languishing in my closet for a few months now.  The flats, while ridiculously comfortable, can also be a bit stumpifying due to the ankle strap.  Because most of my skirts and dresses are longer, I’m limited in what I can wear these flats with.

Today, however, I decided to pair the two because I drove to work (there was a thunderstorm warning this morning) and thought the above-the-knee length of the dress would be okay with the flats.  And I think it was okay.  In fact, I really like it.  I like the pairing of black and brown (I also added a brown belt (Gap) and jewelry) and love the fit of the dress.  Even though it’s not my usual silhouette, I was very comfortable all day long.

So, these two orphans are definitely keepers.  Speaking of which, I have quite a few more never-worn items that I need to get through, but hopefully I’ll be done with my Nosh Opping expedition by the end of this month.  Hopefully.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Already Pretty book giveaway!