Friday, October 19, 2012

Weekend Update

Okay, so it's not the weekend, but in my defense, I thought it was until my sister corrected me, so, we're just going to go with it.

First, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words about my bike accident.  You have no idea how wonderful it was to read all of your lovely comments.

Now, for an injury update.  It turns out that my elbow is, in fact, broken.  In two places.  But, they're little fractures and won't require surgery or a cast.  And, in spite of the fractured elbow, probable ligament damage and a sprained wrist, I am able to use my left hand a little bit now.  I can type (yay!) and lift up to two whole pounds. 

As I mentioned before, I also hit my chin on the way down, but my jaw is feeling much better already.  There is still a rather largish lump on the left side, making my chin uneven, but I still plan to resume outfit posts on Monday, uneven chin and awkward arm positioning or no.  And, the best news is that I didn't hurt my teeth.  Or my bike.  To be honest, those were the two things I was most worried about after the fall.

Unfortunately, even though my bike is okay, I've been banned from riding for at least four weeks, possibly six.  I was cleared for Jazzercise (provided I can get myself into a sports bra) but I have no idea when I'll be strong enough to go back to pole dancing, given that I weigh quite a bit more than two pounds and can't even imagine trying to climb a pole.

So, to recap, I am better, will be back to work and blogging Monday, my chin is uneven and I can no longer lift my body weight.

Happy Friday, Everyone!  Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all Monday!!

Gracey