Friday, October 26, 2012

I Like Bright Pants and I Cannot Lie



Like these:



These cords (Merona, Target) come in other, less insanely bright colors, but as soon as I saw them, I knew I was going to get the flame orange pair.  My head tried to argue that a navy or tan pair would be more versatile and therefore more practical, but my heart yelled ‘practical clothes are for sissies’ and grabbed this pair.

And, really, they’ve turned out to be more versatile than I’d first thought.  So far, I’ve worn them with bright blue and houndstooth (here) and today I’m wearing them with peach (thrifted sweater) and black (thrifted Brooks Brothers silk tie and Hive and Honey flats).  If that’s not versatility, I don’t know what is.  Of course, the best part is not that I am able to wear these pants with multiple outfits, but that they’re outfits I love.  Which is why, Dearest Reader Friends, I like bright pants and don’t bother to lie about it.

Happy Friday, All!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Gracey