Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Pencil and a Popped Collar

I wore a pencil skirt and a popped collar to work today:



I chose the pencil skirt because we had offsite training this morning so I didn’t ride my bike.  I chose the popped collar because popping the collar was the only way to see the bit of red under this sweater.  And also because Catherine from Not Dressed as Lamb often pops her collar to great effect and I’m nothing if not the occasional copycat.

The collar belongs to a handmade (by someone else) gingham blouse (thrifted) which I layered under a caramel sweater (thrifted).  The pencil skirt is knit and vintage and I thrifted it in Santa Fe last year.  I added black tights (Spanx), black wedge booties (Nine West via Piperlime) and black and white cameo earrings (which I forgot to photograph).

I like the bit of red gingham with this outfit; it adds both color and pattern.  But this particular gingham blouse is hard to wear.  It’s not quite long enough for a secure tuck so it bunches up under the sweater making me look plump, yet cozy.  Cozy is good; plump I can do without.  I tried to hike my skirt up for more tucking room but it’s a bit roomy in the waist so it didn’t do much good.  Sadly, I think a new gingham blouse may be in order.

At least it had a good collar for popping.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey