Monday, October 28, 2013

Eye of the Tiger, Foot of the Leopard

Is there a rule about mixing your big cats?  I mean, if I'm wearing a tiger tee can I pair it with a leopard shoe? Or is this look a fashion faux pas?


 

Hah!  I'm just kidding; this outfit is clearly a great idea.  I say the more big cats the better!  I figure if I'm going to be a cat lady, I may as well be a big cat lady.

Really though, I love this combination of the tiger tee (Bobeau via Nordstrom) with the tweedy blazer (thrifted vintage, similar) and the ankle zip skinnies (Banana Republic).  And I think the leopard flats (Nine West, similar) and tiered chevron necklace (Hive & Honey via Piperlime) are the perfect finishing touches.

I mean, could I have used a bracelet?  Sure, but I'm still pretty darned happy with it as is:



 Also, lest you think when I say "eye of the tiger" I am referring to Katy Perry, let me disabuse you of that notion right here and now.  Below is what I'm referring to when I say "eye of the tiger," you young whippersnappers:


Yes, that song is amazing, thank you for noticing.

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey