Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Literary Stylings # 2: City of Dark Magic


Hello, and welcome to the second ever Literary Stylings Link Party and All-Around Good Time!  Today, I’m wearing a look inspired by the book City of Dark Magic, by Magnus Flyte:

Image via www.goodreads.com

As I've mentioned before, this wasn’t my favorite book that I read in July (it was, in fact, sort of terrible) but I was inspired by the descriptions of Prague at night:


Skirt: thrifted Ralph Lauren  Blouse: LOFT  Wedges: Matiko via Ideeli
 
And I tried to channel that in my look, what with the dark colors and the added sparkle of my accessories:


 
The photo above is supposed to be showing a close up of my accessories, but, mostly, I am just laughing my fool head off.  As I do.  I would, however, like to point out that I attached a rhinestone brooch to my necklace, a la Carrie at Petal by Petal and was super proud of myself.

Anyway, back to my outfit.  This is totally Prague at night, no? 



Dark.  Magical.  Yep.  Totally.

And now for your literary stylings!  Bloggers, you can link to your literature-inspired look here:

 

And, don’t forget, if you’re not a blogger, you can post your literature-inspired look on the Fashion for Giants Facebook page!

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

 
P.S. For those curious about City of Dark Magic, it’s not very good at all.  It’s kind of all over the place and there are ridiculous amounts of ridiculous, gratuitous sex.  And not even good sex, just silly, pointless sex.  So much so that it ruins the book.  Not that the book was above being ruined otherwise; the copious sex scenes are not the only parts of the story that are poorly written.