Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SIA: Coral and Cobalt

I have been on a roll this month.  I participated for the first time in Two Birds’ Inspiration Monday earlier this month.  And now I’m participating in Style Imitating Art.  I’m rather proud of myself.  But, enough about me.  Let's talk about art and style.

Here is the art:

Image from David Weisner's "Flotsam"



And here is my style:



I love the combination of coral (salmon? carp?) with the bright blue so I paired my coral polka dot blouse (handmade vintage) with my cobalt midi skirt (vintage via Goodwill).  I also added some pops of black (I heard it's the latest trend) with my belt (via Goodwill), necklace (Old Navy) & ankle strap flats (Hive & Honey via Piperlime).  

Yep, you guessed it: POCKETS!!!!

I’d like to thank Jess of Animated Cardigan for hosting; you can see the other participants on her site

And I’d like to give a shout out to my boobs for distorting some of the dots into goldfish-like shapes; I appreciate your help with this challenge, Ladies.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

P.S. This is an illustration from the book, Flotsam, by David Wiesner.  His books are amazing and if you haven’t read them, I strongly suggest you do, even if you think you might be too old for picture books.