Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Short and Fruity

It's true.  This dress is short.  And fruity.  But, I love it so:



I got the dress from the Albany Antique Mall (they have a pretty great vintage clothing section) the weekend before last and immediately fell in love with the print.  Yes, it is shorter than I would usually wear without some volume to offset the shortness, but it is a great print and the high neck is fun.  Oh, and it looks fabulous with my Lynne Pin:


And I think it will also look fabulous with tights and a turtleneck in the winter; that way I won't have to worry so much about the length.  Or lack there of.  As it was, I drove in to work today to insure I didn't flash any of the middle school students I ride past every morning. 

In addition to the pin (gifted from Lynne because she is the best ever), I also added a thin belt (Macy's) and pointed toe boots (Luxury Rebel via Piperlime) to the look:


I think the boots somehow served to both modernize the look and recall the dress' sixties origins at the same time.  Which was totally my intention, as far as you know.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey