Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Limp and Wrinkled



I swear this outfit was cute until I rode to work in the rain:


By the time I got here, it was all limp and wrinkled:



Which makes me sad because I otherwise really liked this outfit.  I like the combination of the lace sweatshirt (Style & Co via Macys) with the red skirt (vintage via Goodwill).  And I like the addition of the Swiss dot tights (Hue via Macys), the riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and the plaid infinity scarf (DIY).  It’s just too bad that in addition to having buttons, my skirt also has wrinkles and in addition to being plaid, my scarf is also limp.

I will say, though, that the limp scarf and the wrinkled skirt are totally worth being able to ride my bike again.  I couldn’t ride for seven weeks and it was horrible, but as I said on Twitter yesterday, I’m now back to menacing school children and slow-moving squirrels.  And I couldn’t be happier, rain or no.

Oh, in case you’re curious, I followed this tutorial for making my scarf (it’s the same tutorial I used for this scarf). 

Also, if plaid is your thing, Adrienne and Jill have a plaid post up at Adrienne’s blog, The Rich Life (on a Budget).  My plaid skirt from last week is there along with several other lovely bloggers showing off their plaid, so go take a peek.

And have a happy Tuesday!

Gracey