Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 3: Birthday Cake and Hobbit Thoughts



Day 3 of my Birthday Extravaganza-Fest was definitely more low-key than Days 1 and 2.  There were no sequins, no feathers, no champagne and only a minimum of fire.  But, there was cake (yay, cake!) and there were thoughts on hobbits (yay, hobbits!).

The low-key nature of Day 3 meant, of course, a low-key outfit:



Especially since I had to go to work – yes, they made me work during my Birthday Extravangaza-Palooza; can you believe that?!  I wore jeggings (Bandolino), a striped tunic (Old Navy) layered under a caramel sweater (Goodwill) and riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  I also wore my new glasses, from Firmoo, but I'll post more on that later.

After work, I had dinner with my family and I had cake.  This was my cake:

The candles are a joke; I'm not 33.

It was a homemade chocolate Bundt cake drizzled with white and milk chocolate and it was delicious.

And, after cake, my brother-in-law and my nephew took me to see The Hobbit.  Here are my thoughts:
  1. Aw, the Shire.  I still totally want to live there.
  2. Wow, someone spent a LOT of time styling those dwarves’ head suits.
  3. That lead dwarf is sort of sexy, you know, for a dwarf. 
  4.  Orcs are gross. 
  5.  Was Saruman reallyalways such an ass? 
  6.  What’s with all the slapstick comedy? 
  7.  Yes, but whywere the stone giants fighting? 
  8.  The Gollum scenes were pretty great. 
  9.  Orcs are gross. 
  10.  Not bad, Peter Jackson, not bad.
What about you Reader Friends?  Have you seen The Hobbit yet?  Any thoughts?  None?  Well, then how about any thoughts/comments on cake?

Happy Friday, Everyone! 

Gracey