Monday, December 3, 2012

Drama! Polka Dots! 70s! Coats! Dresses!



I didn’t do a lot of thrifting this weekend, but the little bit I did do was fabulous.  I found two skirts for my sister and two coats for myself.  This is one of the coats:



Isn’t it adorable?!  I love the polka dots (of course) and the crazy, dramatic collar.  Not only is the coat (Mycra Pac via Goodwill) spotted and dramatic, it is also water-resistant, wrinkle-resistant and reversible!  And, you can find it here, but, be warned, it costs considerably more than the $12.99 I paid at Goodwill.

In addition to my new coat, I also wore this dress (vintage Coco of California, thrifted):



It’s sooooo 70s, I couldn’t resist pairing it with my also-very-70s Eye of Sauron belt (thrifted, Goodwill).  But, I did also add tights (SPANX via Nordstrom) and booties (Luxury Rebel “Yuma” via Piperlime) to try to modernize the look a bit.  Because I do wear a lot of vintage clothes I try to be careful not to look like an extra in a period piece and I usually do that with my shoes.  It’s hard to resist the urge to go full 70s though; if I’d had the right pair of heeled boots, I think I would have worn them.

What about you, Reader Friends?  Do you try to modernize your vintage or do you go full Foxy Brown?

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey