Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Getting Dressed Can Be Fun

Sometimes I can’t find anything to wear.  Or, perhaps I should say that I can’t find anything that I want to wear.  This has been the case for the past couple weeks.  Sure, I get dressed, but I’ve mostly just been phoning it in with uninspired color combinations and my usual half-assed accessorizing.  When this happens, I try to wear something that helps remind me that getting dressed can be fun.  Today’s outfit is just such a reminder:




This outfit is fun:

 
It’s plaid (men’s vintage golf pants) and houndstooth (vintage via Vintage by the Pound) together.  As they were meant to be.  And it’s layers of bracelets and big, chunky necklaces.  The red necklace is made from vintage African beads & brass (gifted) and the other is a silver & turquoise squash blossom necklace (vintage via Lil’ Gypsy Vintage).
 
They are very heavy together, just in case you were curious.

But, they are also awesome together.  And they are awesome with the houndstooth and the houndstooth is awesome with the plaid.  And it’s basically an outfit made of awesome:


The best part, though, is that it combines two of my current trend obsessions.  Printed suits (yes, I know it’s not a suit, but I feel like we can all pretend it is and still sleep at night) and global/boho chic.  Really, the only thing I’d change is the shoes.  I love these sandals (old Banana Republic “Natalie”) but I think this outfit could take a bolder shoe.  I was afraid a different shoe would be too much, but now I don’t think so.  I’ll definitely try something different next time.

What about you, Reader Friends?  Do you get in style ruts?  What do you do to remind yourself that getting dressed can be fun?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey