Monday, September 10, 2012

The Non-Replacement Shoes & a Closet Orphan



Friday I was so proud of myself for having purchased replacement shoes and for somewhat following my one-in-one-out policy for buying new items.  Today I have to admit that I fell off the wagon.  I ordered these shoes the other day and they’re not intended to replace anything, I just really like them:

Image via Piperlime

I have been looking for a pair of gray shoes that weren’t gray suede and I think snake is such a fun print, I had to get these.  And, of course, I had to wear them today:



For their inaugural outing, I paired the shoes (Pierre Dumas Chic-1 via Piperlime) with hot pink pants (Michael Michael Kors via Ross) and a lightweight sweater (v. old Hinge via Nordstrom).  This sweater is the closet orphan I alluded to in the title.  I love the color and the open weave on the back is pretty cool…


But, I never wear it because it’s kind of an odd length.  I think that on non-giants it’s probably a proper tunic, but on my giant-self, it hits me at the worst possible place on my thighs.  And you know how thighs get if they think they’re not being shown in the most flattering clothes; they get mutinous and stabby.  Or, at least mine do.  To avoid Mutinous Thigh Syndrome (MTS), I tried to work with my thighs by reverse-tucking the sweater under my belt, and I think it worked.

Oh, and, in addition to new shoes, I’m also wearing a new necklace:


Isn’t it fabulous?  I mean, sure, it’s a bit off-kilter in this photo, but that’s just how I roll.  And, even off-kilter, I think it’s awesome.  I bought it this weekend at Lil’ Gypsy Vintage.  It’s from the 70s and the stone is moss agate.  And it's fabulous.

In addition to the vintage shopping, I also went thrifting and somehow managed to limit myself to only a blouse and a coat.  I’m very proud.  Oh, and I went to pole dancing class where I got some more bruises and mastered Naughty Carousel.  I’m also proud of that.  Next week?  Peter Pan.

Finally, because there is nothing shy about hot pink pants and snake platforms, I've linked up to Patti's Visible Monday over at Not Dead Yet Style.

Happy Monday, All!  

Gracey