Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Speaking of Black and Brown



As many of you pointed out in the comments yesterday, one of the easiest ways to wear black and brown together is to wear leopard print.  I’m a huge fan of leopard print, believing it to be a neutral that pairs well with a variety of other neutrals as well as with color.  Like blue:



I have to admit, I am super-excited about this skirt.  I’ve been looking to thrift a leopard print skirt for ages, but they’re usually mini-skirts or pencil skirts and I needed something knee-length and full.  And then, about a month ago, I found this skirt and it’s perfect.

It has a high-waist, which I love, and, of course, the full skirt that I need to ride my bike.  It’s also a nice, lightweight cotton so I can wear it all year long.  Today I paired the skirt (Jones New York, thrifted) with a blue blouse (Old Navy (also, yes, I have this blouse in three different colors)), a studded, corset belt (v. old, JC Penney) and black, platform sandals (BP Shoes via Nordstrom Rack).   But, I can’t wait to start pairing it with tights and sweaters like my girl Ana did with her leopard print skirt yesterday.  I plan on pairing it with more black, charcoal gray and maybe some burgundy (or oxblood, if you must).  

Do you wear leopard?  If so, what is your favorite pairing?

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Gracey