Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Shamelessly Shapeless

With my size (currently a 14) and build (broad shoulders and rebellious thighs) I usually try to avoid shapeless clothing as it can make me look bigger than I am which in turn encourages my thighs to make a bid to be recognized as an independent nation by the UN.  Usually.  Today, however, I am shamelessly shapeless:



And I like it.  I’m not sure if I like it because it works or because it’s so comfortable, but I think it works.  If it does, it’s because the two bottom layers (a Gap maxi dress under a thrifted Gap shift dress/tunic) are quite slim which helps keep the bulk down and allows for a thicker top layer (Jones New York sweater via Ross).  I also added over-the-knee socks (Nordstrom), blue suede booties (DV Dolce Vita “Wyatt” via Nordstrom) and an infinity scarf (Steve Madden via Macy’s). 


Today’s Takeaway?

Try OTK socks under your maxi dresses instead of tights.  I’ve found that tights under maxi dresses can be a bit clingy and frustrating, so to take your maxi dresses and skirts into fall, try OTK socks instead; I didn’t have half the problems with static cling with the socks that I usually have with tights.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey