Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Am Not a Genius

I only mention this because when I left the house this morning, I thought I might, in fact, be a genius.  My skirt today is slightly too big for me and I thought it would be smart to safety pin the waist of my skirt to the waist of my tights so it didn’t fall down.  As you can see, it didn’t fall down:



So, yes, I thought I was pretty smart.  But, as it turns out, I’m not smart enough to figure out how to use the restroom when I’ve pinned my skirt to my tights.  I’m so used to pulling my tights down and my skirt up that when I went to use the restroom and I couldn’t do that because they were pinned together, I was absolutely stymied.  Stymied, I tell you.  I actually ended up unpinning the skirt from the tights before I could go.  And it wasn’t until my second trip to the restroom that I realized I could just pull them both down.  Did I mention that I am not a genius?

Thank goodness I can take solace in my outfit.  It’s perfect for our increasingly cold but still sunny weather.  I wore a vintage pleated skirt (thrifted) over black tights (Spanx Tight End Tights via Nordstrom), a cream cashmere sweater (Forte via Ideeli) over a black turtleneck and black suede boots (Naughty Monkey via Nordstrom).  I added gloves and a cashmere scarf for the ride in and was a comfy, cozy non-genius all day.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey